Sunday 21 October 2012

Book Review: Mr Stink, David Walliams

Mr Stink is my favourite book because it put a beaming smile on my face.It was funny yet extremely touching.It is about a girl called Chloe who is persuaded to become a snooty person in society by her pretentious mother,who is trying to better herself.She runs into the local tramp (otherwise known as Mr Stink) and makes a trusty friendship which she tries her very hardest not to loose.He smells of rotten cabbage and has a barking companion who has been with him for his entire life.

Now i don't want to give away a heartfelt ending but prepare your box of Kleenex tissues and I'd take your socks off if I were you !!

I loved the book so much that I saw Mr Stink at the Hackney Empire as a play and enjoyed myself thoroughly .I would recommend this book for all ages (yes ,even the golden oldies!). If you have read the book then post some comments and write what you thought .

Read, be inspired and write!
Malini



See you later!!

10 comments:

  1. Spot on M, I loved the theatre production too! Mummy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great book! We liked Chloe's dad, quietly supportive! Lydia & Edward xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Malini,

    Hi Malini,
    It’s me Molly I want to say I have read the book and I agree. You know another great book by David Walliams is Gangsta Granny.
    It’s about a granny who is a diamond thief !!!
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Molly,
    I have read all of David Walliams books so sooner or later I will do a review on all of his many books. How many have you read Molly???
    may i recommend reading his new one ratburger?
    Malini
    xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I have Gansta Granny
    Malini, really, dark chocolate
    i'd much rather have white or milk chocolate
    Soooooooooo, in other words i don't like dark chocolate and if u want malini,if u haven't read it yet then you can borrow my copy of gangsta granny

    From Vicki
    A.K.A VickiPicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Malini Have u read any of the hunger games?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love da mister stink! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Malini
    I love your blog and I think your reviews are really inspiring
    I was just wondering if you have read any of the books by Sarah Lean? (e.g. A Dog Called Homeless or A Horse for Angel)
    They are really good and i think you would like them!
    Keep reading!
    Peps

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello to every one, the contents present at this web site are in fact awesome for people knowledge, well, keep up the good work fellows.


    Also visit my blog post :: เสื้อในให้นม

    ReplyDelete