Sunday 10 March 2013

When Art meets Fashion at Somerset house, 2013

On Sunday the 3rd of March I went to see a Picasso and Valentino  exhibition both within the historic and elegant Somerset House. The Picasso exhibition was amazing because of the sheer variety of painting styles whilst the Fashion was incredible baecause of the very glitzy and glamorous dresses. The dresses were displayed using a simple catwalk with mannequins dressed in the fineries of Italian Valentino couture. 
Picasso was  a successful Spanish artist who went to Paris in hope of making a name for himself in the art capital of Europe. 

Picasso and Valentino had many things in common,  but the one thing that stood out for me was that they both loved to make art that put smiles on peoples faces. Both their art and their dresses are very beautiful and unique, which make them more desirable and timeless.

Somerset house is a beautiful structure but I think that putting a great big Nike dome in the middle of the courtyard ruins the beauty of the building. I loved both exhibitions and I would go to see them both of them again, but there can only be one winner for me...

And the Winner is....VALENTINO!!!!!

Valentino, was Italian and he has been creating beautiful couture dresses since July, 2007. This was the beginning of a new era in the fashion industry.

I wish that when I am older I will be able to afford one of the spectacular dresses.

See you next time!

Malini

Read, Be Inspired and Write!

No comments:

Post a Comment