Tuesday 22 January 2013

Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery


Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery is a book that made me smile, made me cry and most of all made me roll my eyes. This book is about a ten year old girl who has red hair, freckles and is small and weak. Mathew and Marilla Cuthbert are expecting a strong boy to help out on the farm, but Anne Shirley, a petite red haired girl comes instead. Marilla is not too keen on the idea of Anne staying with them but Anne charms her way into the family with her bubbly personality and her carrot red hair. Ah-ha!! Don't be fooled by this lovely description of her. Anne is quickly in a lot of trouble caused by her fiery red hair which erupts her temper.
As much as I liked this book I also found it very tedious towards the end. I thought that because Anne keeps getting into trouble and Anne constantly mentions Gilbert Blythe who is an important  character in the book. The end of the book made me cry because in every book there must be some kind of hurt, tragedy, or upset to make it seem realistic. I liked parts of the book because the language is so rich and real. In your average Jacqueline Wilson book you don't hear language like "a bridal flush "(to describe an orchard )do you now???????
How will she get on at Green Gables ????
I guess you'll just have to read it!!!
Malini
Read, Be Inspired and Write

No comments:

Post a Comment